- UV protection: With certain types of safety glass—like laminated glass, for example—you will not be exposed to the full effects of unhealthy ultraviolet rays. This glass absorbs damaging UV sunlight, which means it blocks most of the sun from getting into your home. And your possessions—including furniture, artwork, framed photos and colorful rugs—can avoid total fading and becoming weakened to the point of falling apart.
- Temperature control: While on the subject of the sun, did you ever think window glass would play a roll in significant temperature control? Seek out a tinted safety glass that can stave off heat from the sun, cut glare and offer shade to rooms, which in turn contributes to lower cooling bills from less A/C use.
- Increased security: If home security is a reason why you’ve decided to look into window glass replacement in Highlands Ranch, CO, you’re making an excellent choice. And in this case, you want safety glass, since home intruders tend to go for breaking in a window before having to kick in a door. To keep from becoming a victim of a home robbery, protect yourself by choosing specialized glazing materials manufactured with safety glass layers and plastic interlay. They can try breaking through, but they are unlikely to succeed.
- Added safety: Whether it was jagged or square pieces of glass littering the ground, we’ve all seen broken glass before. Typical window glass will shatter into a bunch of dangerous sharp pieces, which is a hazard that may only nick you, but can also end up being fatal. Chose safety glass for added home safety, especially for households with children or pets who could accidentally break a window or let their curiosity of broken glass hurt them. Do what you can to avoid injuries from sharp glass shards with a tough safety glass option, one that’s difficult to break. In the event of breakage, these glass pieces will be dull and granulated or blunt around the edges.
- Reduced noise: Consider installing a thick double-glaze window glass option to essentially soundproof your home. When you select a high quality glass and have it installed properly by professionals, there’s the potential to cancel out a good portion of noise pollution as compared to a regular type of window glass. After all, outdoor noise should stay where it is.
fast glass | highlands ranch glass & window company
check out our latest news below
Benefits of Installing Residential Safety Glass When Deciding on Window Glass Replacement in Denver, CO
Although the current windows you have now may look like they have years left in them, you may be thinking about replacing them with newer, more up-to-date ones. Others may look at this as a waste of money, since your windows appear to be holding up just fine, but whether old and dated or no longer functioning right, many homeowners are now opting to install residential safety glass. Wanting beneficial window glass replacement in Aurora, CO is not selfish. It’s smart for today and your future, and also makes for a safe and comfortable living environment by offering the following benefits:
Considering a Patio Door Replacement in Denver, CO? Five Great Benefits of installing Sliding Glass Doors
Adding to your home’s value doesn’t necessarily require that you make big changes. In fact, it can be something as simple as investing a moderate amount of money in a quality glass door for your patio—and you get to enjoy it for as long as you live there. Whether you’re getting ready for a new home construction or it’s time for some upgrades to your current home, consider switching out that ordinary back door for a stylish glass patio door replacement in Aurora, CO.
Here are five great benefits of installing sliding glass doors for easy outdoor access:
Because there are so many windows in your home, you may not pay them any mind until it’s too late, which may require you to replace a window that might’ve been salvageable if properly cared for. This is why it’s important to perform regular and proper care for your glass windows—including frames, sills, paint and seals—just as you would any other part of your home. With that in mind, let’s look at some maintenance tips to keep your new window replacement in Aurora, CO in good condition for years to come:
Tom. I'm the owner. Glass and Windows are what I do. Enjoy!