- High energy bills: There are many logical reasons for sky-high summer energy bills—running the A/C to cool off from extreme high temperatures being just one. But oftentimes in the hunt for what’s causing your high cooling bills, it’s not uncommon to overlook failing windows as the culprit. Old windows, improper installation and damage are common contributors to heat creeping inside, which means needing to use your air conditioner more often and longer than normal just to make the indoor temperature bearable.
- It’s a struggle to open or close: Over time, your window frames may begin to warp, thanks in part to expanding and contracting through weather changes. This constant action can take a toll on your windows. Also, rust and dry rot on the frame area means the deterioration of materials is imminent. If you see that a closed window’s border is not lining up with the frame, or if a window allows too much give, resulting in unintentional slamming, then you may have a busted window. Get it fixed quick so hot air can’t invade.
- There are hot drafts: Whether a window is not closing properly or some of its hardware is faulty, a damaged window can let in a huge volume of annoying drafts on hot summer days and nights. This can have you constantly reaching to lower the thermostat on your A/C. Common issues range from the need for window insulation replacement to your old single pane glass tiptoeing on the edge of its life. Feeling toasty drafts definitely warrants a call to a professional for window repair in Littleton, CO.
- You notice moisture buildup: When you see that your windows are foggy or look a little moist, wiping it away may be your first instinct. Unfortunately, fogginess that refuses to wipe off means there is moisture buildup occurring in between the glass of your dual or triple pane windows. The problem here is either a broken seal or a crack on the glass somewhere that has penetrated through and settled within the composition of the glass.
- External noise is loud and clear: Modern day window glass offers more than just a clear view of the outdoors and a way to keep the elements from encroaching on your home. With today’s high quality residential glass, you can relax without being bothered by irritating outside noise, like traffic, screaming neighbor kids, barking dogs and loud yard or construction work nearby. If external noise seems louder than usual, faulty window glass or having a problem with a vital component (such as weather seals, insulation or the frame) could be to blame.
fast glass | highlands ranch glass & window company
check out our latest news below
When you have problems staying comfortable in the summer, it might make sense to think about your windows and the role they might be playing in your discomfort. But unless your windows have obvious damage, it can be difficult to pinpoint them as the reason for those higher cooling charges and why it’s always hot inside your home. With that in mind, let’s check out five signs you may need summertime window repair in Aurora, CO:
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Tom. I'm the owner. Glass and Windows are what I do. Enjoy!